CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Day in My Shoes Linky Party

Another fun linky party that I just had to get in on.  I hope I can figure out how to do this correctly. It sounds like fun!  Katie over at Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher is hosting her very first linky party.  Go check it out at her blog!  I have enjoyed reading other teacher's posts about their days!  So, now I'm going to give it a try and pray that I don't bore you to death!! If you have read my One Little Word post, you already know that this is not a typical year for me, so this is not going to be a normal look at what a day in my shoes would usually look like when I was teaching my normal class, but I still wanted to join in the fun.  So, here goes...
5:08 my alarm on my phone goes off, but isn't that first alarm more of a suggestion?  Well, that's how I think of it and I snooze it a couple of times. If I accidentally turn it off...no worries, I have another alarm set that goes off at 5:30.  By 5:30, I roll out of bed and get washed up.
6:00ish I go into mom's room to wake her up and remind her to get up to use the restroom(she has Alzheimer's).  I also get Bella (our dog) off of mom's bed and take her out to go potty.
6:15 or so we head back inside, I check to make sure mom is in the bathroom and that her bed is OK, if so then Bella comes into my room to hang out on my bed with me while I get ready.  I put my makeup on, (so as not to scare anyone) and watch the news, and figure out what I am going to wear.
6:55 I head out to the kitchen to scramble an egg and get some toast for mom for her breakfast.  I make toast for myself to bring with me to school.  I also put mom's medicine by her plate.  I get Bella's water and food ready for her.  Go back into my room to finish getting dressed and accessorize my look.  I like LOVE jewelry, especially rings.  I find the right rings to go with my outfit, as well as a necklace and earrings.  As I often tell my students, "I put my makeup on today, have my hair looking nice, have my sparkly jewelry on, so you will look at me, not out the window or at the ceiling, or at your friends." :-)
Almost all of my rings, there were a couple missing, hee hee
7:20 All set and ready to go (most of the time), say goodbye to mom and Bella and get in the car.
7:55 or so (OK, really closer to 8 if not after somedays), get to school, and head to my classroom, drop my bags off and head right to the teacher's lounge for my daily pick me up of coffee, definitely a very important part of my day.  I also get my instant oatmeal ready.  I head back to the classroom and have my oatmeal with toast and my coffee.  Since this is a different year for me, I don't have any students come in until 9.  So, I sit in my room, make sure I have everything ready for the day and blog stalk a bit, or start a post.
9:00 my kids come in ( all 2 of them), and we have Language.
9:30 is restroom time
9:35 (remember there are only 2 of them, so, many times it doesn't even take that long) We have Arithmetic class.  We have some fun review games and then learn our new concept.
10:30 is Spelling, where I always try to keep them on their toes by making them spell their words in all different ways.  They think I'm crazy, but that's goooood!! :-)
10:50 Reading class
11:15 Lunch time -the kids go with the 4th grade teacher and if I remembered to bring something for lunch I will also eat at that time.  The 4th grade teacher does lunch everyday, so she doesn't have to be outside, especially on the colder days.
11:35 Students come back from lunch, and we have our afternoon Reading time.
12:00 Recess: 1st -4th grades all have recess together with the 1st and 2nd grade teacher and myself on duty each day.
12:30 we head back inside.  My third graders are back with the 4th grade for the afternoon.  I head to my classroom to get it ready for the next day. From 12:30 to 1:33, I have free time and classroom prep time.
1:33 on M, W, F, I go to the computer lab to help monitor the 9th grade keyboarding class.  T,Th, I help the finance secretary in her office.
2:30 on M,W, head back to my room to finish things up if needed, and T,Th, lead the 5th and 6th grade handbell group. Friday at 2:30 I go back and help the finance secretary, usually doing a deposit for her.
3:00 getting ready for flute lessons on M and F, and getting ready to tutor on Th.
3:30or later on lessons or tutoring days, head home
4:00 get attacked by the cutest little bundle of joy, Bella, who is so happy to have me home, say hi to mom, take Bella out.
? Whenever the little diva decides, we go back in the house.
4:30 have a bowl of cereal (a mixture of Honey Bunches of Oats with strawberries and Special K with chocolaty bits...it's like having chocolate covered strawberries...with a little milk....and some flakes....OK, it might seem weird, but it really does work!  Love cereal!)
5:15 or so, start dinner for mom and I, check email, facebook, pinterest, and my blog on my phone
6:00 or a little after, have dinner
6:30 on Thursdays, head to my ballroom class!
7:00 take a shower and take Bella out again before I go hunker down in the basement to get on the computer and watch TV at the same time.
10:00ish  take Bella out once more before bed, give mom her meds and Bella a fresh breath treat (definitely needs that) pray with mom, put Bella on the bed with her and say goodnight.  Then eventually some time before 11 hopefully I get in bed, to rest up for another day.
OK, you can wake up now, I'm done! :-)  Pretty pitiful and a bit boring, but hope I didn't bore you too much.
Click on the link at the top to go join in the fun and/or read some of the other posts...some actually good ones.

4 comments:

Ginger Snaps

I heart rings too. My boyfriend is always complaining every Christmas because I asked for another ring! haha

Ginger Snaps

Stacey

Hahaha, that is awesome!! There are so many cute, fun rings out there! My kids often give me rings each year, because they know how much I like them. I have quite a nice little collection! I'll have to add a picture, hee hee. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm heading over to yours right now. :)

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom

I wish I was more of a ring person because I am loving all of yours!

Thanks so much for linking up!
Miss Klohn
Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

Stacey

Aww, thanks! I do enjoy them!

Thank you for having such a fun linky party. I have been having so much fun reading about other teacher's days. So interesting! Thanks for stopping by!

3rdgradetimesinct.blogspot.com

Post a Comment