CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Survey Says Linky

Just last night I discovered the cute blog 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules from another linky party.  And now she's having a fun one!  I just had to join in on the fun!  Check out her cute blog and join in too...and check out the other bloggers who have linked up.  Just copy and paste the questions, fill in your answers, add one new question at the end of your blog, and then of course link back.

5thGradeRocks, 5thGradeRules
So, here they are:
1.  Are you married, do you have a bf, or are you flying free as a single lady/man?
I am one of the rare few who is flying free.


2.  Where did you grow up?
I grew up in CT, and I'm still here.


3.  Do you have any pets?  If so, what kind and what is his/her name?
Yes, I have a sweet, bad, crazy, fun, adorable diva dog named Bella!


4. What is a favorite tv show you are embarrassed to admit to watching?
The Bachelor...I know!  Then I haven't watched this in a while, but definitely hate to admit it, but Bad Girls Club.    
5.  Are you a saver or a spender?
Saver??...Saver of....what exactly??  Umm...sure...yes...I save all the wonderful things I buy! :) 
6.  What is your favorite children's book?
This is a hard one because there are so many!!   Oh my...umm...wow...I'll say...Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and the Christian fiction book Treasures of the Snow, and Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry.  There are more, especially since I started finding different books to read to my kids, but I'll make myself stop! Hee hee

7.  Were you the class clown, teacher's pet, or neither?
Teacher's pet, I was one of those shy, quiet kids.  But, for some reason, these days no one believes that I used to be shy and quiet...hmmm?? :)

8.  Who is your favorite athletic team?
UCONN Huskies!!!  Just finished watching them get to the Final Four for the 5th year in row!   Go Huskies!!

9.  Where did you go on your last REALLY fun vacation?
I haven't really been on vacation since I was younger, but a year ago I spent a fun day in NYC and went to different places than I had been before, which was great!  We went to Little Mismatched, which I loved!!  And we got to go to Serendipity and have Frozen Hot Chocolate!!  Best stuff ever!!!
10.  Who is your favorite actor?  Actress?
My favorite actress is Sandra Bullock, and I love Ben Stiller. 

11.  Tell about the last time you cried because you were happy.
I think it was the day I got Bella about 4 years ago.  I have always, ALWAYS wanted a dog, but neither one of my parents liked animals.  When my dad passed away, I knew mom and I would benefit from having a dog in the house.  She was brought to school for me on the half day before Christmas break.  When I saw her coming down the hallway to me, I was tearing up...so happy!



12.  What is your favorite season?
Winter is my favorite, I love snow!!  I love the holidays!  

13.  What is your biggest regret?
I always hoped to be married and have kids by now, I'm sad that I never had grandchildren for my parents.  Mom is still alive, but has moderate Alzheimer's.  I think they would have been amazing grandparents!

14.  What food do you just NOT like at all?
Broccoli!  I don't like the smell when it's cooked...bleck.  I don't like the feel of the little buds in my mouth when it's raw...eeeww!  I always say, God didn't intend for me to eat trees! 

LAST BUT NOT LEAST FOR MY TEACHER BLOG....

15. Who was your most memorable teacher, and why?
My most memorable teacher was my fourth grade teacher.  It was my first year in a new school, and her first year at the school, too.  She didn't even start the year right away because she was from Canada and had to wait to get her Visa.  When she did come I thought she was the greatest!  The book Treasures of the Snow is a book she read to us.  I read it to my kids every year.  I also knew I wanted to become a teacher the year I had her.  I still have something that she made for us in my room, and because of that, she inspired me to make an ornament for my kids every Christmas.

Now my question...
16.  How long have you been teaching, and which grade(s)?
I have been teaching 3rd grade for 16 years.

Thanks for a fun linky party for me to do on my spring break! :)

6 comments:

The Colorful Apple

Ooo I live next door to you! I'm in little ole Rhode Island! And Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is one of my favorites too!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Stacey

Cool, howdy neighbor!! :) Where in RI? I love the Providence Mall, and I love going to Dave and Busters there. I've only been a couple of times, but I love it! I read Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs to my kids every year. Great book! :)

5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules

Thanks for playing along with my linky! Your survey made me laugh, tear up, and do some heavy thinking. I'm your newest follower!

~Mimi
5thGradeRocks5thGradeRules

Stacey

You're welcome, Mimi! Thanks for having a great, fun linky! Aww, thanks for stopping by and reading, and becoming a follower! :)

Kate

Just found your blog and I love it!!
☼Kate
To The Square Inch

Stacey

Thanks so much, Kate!! Heading over to yours! :)

Post a Comment