CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oh, the Plans I Had!

I was so excited for March! I couldn't wait to start a little March Madness...and to tell you about it! I couldn't wait to do some great Dr. Seuss activities from all of you wonderful teachers...and to tell you about it! But, alas, it was not so to be, no...not to be for me. Not today, nor tomorrow, which fills me with lifelong sorrow! (Ok, maybe lifelong is overdoing it a bit, but it does make me quite sad, I must admit.) I'm sorry I can't seem to stop this rhyme, because I really am having a good time! Ok, now I will try to drop it, because I'm afraid if I don't I won't be able to stop it! :)
Anyway, the reason I am so sad about the plans I HAD, is because this week I have been home sick! The flu came to our little home and did it's damage. Mom got it on Monday, and since she is struggling with Alzheimer's and arthritis and other health problems, it was a bit of a tough time on Monday. Then as she was finally getting over the worst of it...I got it! Ugh, it has not been fun! I'm just thankful the washer and dryer haven't gone on strike yet! We are slowly getting better, but I know I am not going to feel up to going in tomorrow.  March is such a tough time of year, students are tired, teachers are tired, and it's hard to keep everyone motivated...so bring on March Madness!!  March Madness is a big competition in our 3rd grade classroom, with 4 quarters, which are the 4 weeks in the month. The students are split into two teams. They choose their team names. I put their names on a roster and put a poster of their team names and score outside the classroom on the wall, so everyone can see who is winning. They get points for homework, tests, quizzes, and behavior. It is such a fun time! This is what the classroom looks like for March Madness!








Well, I hope you all have been having a fun week.  I'm finally feeling up to being on the computer a little, so I am enjoying reading your posts from this week!  So, good Friday to all, I hope it's a ball!  Have fun for me, too, I'll be thinking of you! :)

1 comments:

BAK Pack Photography

I am so sorry your family is not feeling well. At least you could get your frustration out with rhyming. Cute! I hope you are on the mend and you get to get back next week.
I have given you an award. Come on over to check it out!
❀Beth Ann❀
Taming My Flock of Firsties
bakteach16@gmail.com

Post a Comment