Stephanie tagged me with these questions:
1. What is your favorite subject/unit to teach?
This is a hard one, I enjoy so many subjects, hmmm, I guess...History. I like teaching about the different people in History, and using different voices and accents to act out certain parts in History.
2. What is your favorite school supply?
I know this may seem super lame, but I love colored staples. The kids aren't used to seeing them much, so when a board is decorated with them or their papers are stapled with them, they get excited. (And then I'm kinda cool :)
3. What is your favorite non-teaching blog?
It's too hard to choose one, I love The Sister's Cafe for great food ideas, I love Moving Forward with Alzheimer's and God, Mom, Alzheimer's and Me for being an encouragement as they share their experinces with dealing with family members with Alzheimer's, I love Back on the Farm because I can live out my dream through her funny, exciting posts, I love Two Tiaras and a Sword because it is such an encouragement! I'll end here, but there are many more, you can see them in my sidebar.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you visit?
I would love to visit Tahiti and stay in those overwater bungalows!
5. Have you ever made anything from Pinterest? How did it turn out?
Yes!!!! I have made a couple of the recipes from The Sister's Cafe, that's how I found them, through Pinterest. I made Chicken a La King, Caramel Apple Pork Chops, and Christmas Eggs! All of them were so yummy!! I made a Balsamic Chicken recipe from somewhere else that I did not quite enjoy so much. Then, over spring break I made glitter flats and put glitter soles on my shoes. You can check it out here. The flats ended up cracking, I pulled most of the glitter off, but I am going to try it again after sanding the shoes down. The soles were great!
6. What's your cure for a bad day?
Relaxing and blog stalking :)
7. What is one piece of advice that you would give a newbie teacher blogger?
Just be yourself. Comment as much as you can on posts you really enjoy. Then get involved in the linky parties and giveaways and games and have lots of fun!
8. What one item is always in your fridge?
Milk, for my cereal!
9. What are your plans for this summer?
Sleeping!! Enjoying my family reunion in August. Spending time with mom.
10. What is one thing you never leave the house without?
My questions from Jenny:
1. Did you take lessons in anything as a kid?
Yes, swimming, tennis, rollerskating for a couple of lessons, and flute.
2. What is one book you would recommend to a new teacher?
Definitely The Essential 55 by Ron Clark
3. Who is your very favorite children's book author or illustrator?
I like so many, but I think I have to say Andrew Clements.
4. If you could only listen to one musical artist/group for the rest of your life, who would it be?
5. What is your favorite dessert?
6. What is your biggest strength as a teacher?
I think being different (kids have said they have never met another adult like me, lol), being a kid at heart, and loving them!
7. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
Probably my maxi dresses, they hide some unflattering parts, lol. And I get lots of compliments when I wear them.
8. What is the last thing you bought?
For clothing, my Easter dress...for anything, UNO's Deep Dish Cheese Pizza for dinner tonight.
9. If someone gave you $500 for your classroom right now, what would you buy?
A computer, since we don't have one in the classroom, except the one the school gives me to use.
10. What is your favorite vacation spot?
I haven't been able to vacation a lot since having to take care of dad, and now mom the past few years. But I do love going down to Saybrook Point Inn and Spa on the sound of CT. It is beautiful down there, and I get the best massages at the spa.
OK, I'm going to have to take a little bit to find some of you that weren't tagged. I will do that soon, if there is anyone left. :) And I better hurry before there is no one left. :) Thanks again, Stephanie and Jenny for tagging me and allowing me the chance to play! :)